And just like that, the end of Summer is almost here! 😢
Now while it was definitely fun while it lasted, I personally am ready for cooler temps and some good old "sweater weather"!! 🍁🍂
Some parts of the country have already started school, and some are starting within the next few weeks. So why not celebrate the end of the season with a few summer fun ideas with the kiddos before the back to school shopping and early morning routines officially start? 💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽
Here's five of our favorites from our "Summer Time" Pinterest board to send off Summer with a bang!
- Backyard "Drive-In" - Who said pools are only for swimming? Dry out the kiddie pool, insert some comfy blankets, set up some glow sticks to illuminate the night and you can watch the stars or set up the tv or mini projector for your own version of a kids' outdoor movie theater. (check out the Summer Time board for some additional idea for snacks!)
- Sidewalk Chalk Games - Nothing brings back the nostalgia of summertime than remembering drawing on the sidewalk with chalk and playing games! (#TeamHopscotch) This one is SUPER easy to do and only requires simple chalk (helloooo Target dollar bin) and your sidewalk or driveway. Let the games begin!
- Outdoor Color Scavenger Hunt - Get outdoors this weekend and do a scavenger hunt (I LOVE those!!) This activity would be so fun for kids of all ages (and adults also)! How fun is this????
- Campfire Cones - Ohhhh yessss!!! How about a sweet treat to send off summer??? (Yes, please) These super yummy cones are sure to be a hit. And they can be made over a camp fire, grill, or even in the oven (WIN!)
- Water Gun Tie Dye - How about commemorating a fun summer with some custom tie dye tees?? Love this method of dyeing the shirts with water guns the kids may already have around the house. This would absolutely be a guaranteed day of summer fun for the family!
I hope you and your family have had an AMAZING summer!